MV YWAM PNG Dry Dock and Refit 2017
Help get our ship ready to return to Papua New Guinea
From June – October 2017, we’re calling on tradesmen, mariners and general volunteers to give us a hand as we renovate the YWAM Medical Ship, MV YWAM PNG, in Cairns and Townsville, Australia before she returns to Papua New Guinea.
The MV YWAM PNG, was acquired by YWAM Medical Ships in 2014. Since that time, the once-was cruise ship has been transformed into a Medical Ship that serves thousands of people in remote villages in Papua New Guinea every year.
The next phase of the MV YWAM PNG’s development includes the construction of a multipurpose training/common room, the installation of new water makers, accommodation upgrades and routine maintenance. Come and join the team as we equip our vessel to serve thousands more people in Papua New Guinea.
You are welcome to join for as little as a week, or for the whole project – and while you’re here, why not head out to the Great Barrier Reef or Magnetic Island? It’s just off our coast!
Details for the project is outlined below.
Volunteers are welcome to join for us a little as a week, or for the whole project. The timeline of the project is outlined below.
- 7 June – 21 June – Maintenance and Dry dock prep in Cairns
- 22 June – 28 June – Dry dock in Cairns
- 29 June – 4 July – Maintenance in Cairns and sail to Townsville
- 5 July – 12 Oct – Maintenance and refit in Townsville
Food, Accommodation & Costs
Your accommodation and food will be provided onboard the MV YWAM PNG.
- $7.50/day for food (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, dinner and tea & coffee)
- Accommodation is free onboard the MV YWAM PNG (air conditioned shared cabins with ensuite)
Volunteers will be required to cover all travel costs to and from the ship’s location.