Help get the MV YWAM PNG ready to return to PNG!
From May 30th – July 20th , we’re calling on engineers, plumbers, welders, electricians, tradesmen, mariners, cooks, housekeepers and general volunteers to give us a hand as we maintain and develop the YWAM Medical Ship, MV YWAM PNG, in Townsville, Australia before she returns to Papua New Guinea.
The MV YWAM PNG, was acquired by YWAM Medical Ships in 2014. Since that time, the once-was cruise ship has been transformed into a Medical Ship that serves thousands of people in remote villages in Papua New Guinea every year.
Come and join the team as we equip our vessel to serve thousands more people in Papua New Guinea.
You are welcome to join for as little as a week, or for the whole project – and while you’re here, why not head out to the Great Barrier Reef or Magnetic Island? It’s just off our coast!
- 25 May – YWAM PNG returns to Townsville from PNG
- 30 May – 20 – July Shipboard Maintenance
- 21 July – Sail to Cairns
- 24 July – Sail to PNG to resume outreaches
Food, Accommodation & Costs
Your accommodation and food will be provided onboard the MV YWAM PNG.
- $7.50/day for food (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, dinner and tea & coffee)
- Accommodation is free onboard the MV YWAM PNG (air conditioned shared cabins with ensuite)
Volunteers will be required to cover all travel costs to and from the ship’s location.